Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Spirituality of Not Caring


Someone: Eww, do you see that?  That black guy is kissing that white girl.
Me: So?
Someone: Well don’t you think that’s just wrong?
Me: No.
Someone: It’s wrong to mix the races.  It sullies the blood and the spirit.
Me: I don’t really care what they do.
Someone: So you think it’s okay?
 
No.  No, I don’t think it’s okay.  I also don’t think it’s not okay.  I just don’t think it concerns me, ethically, morally, spiritually, or otherwise.  I don’t care about race, race mixing, religion, people of different religions getting married, gay people getting married, gender, transgender, bathroom signs, labels, or really anything else.  Some people spend way too much time getting all up in arms about what other people do, and that’s just not my style.
 
Someone: Okay, well, what about some black person who wants to join my organization and worship my Gods?
 
Also doesn’t concern me.  As it concerns your organization, you can let them join up or not, but what I want to know is, why would someone want to join an organization that would socially alienate them in the first place?  If someone is looking for community in their faith, why would they insist on inserting themselves into a community that doesn’t want them there?  I wouldn’t. 
 
I have been looking for a blog topic for two days now, and this one probably never would have come up if someone hadn’t asked me to think about these things in the first place.  It wasn’t a blog suggestion, but something that I now have to wrap my brain around, because I hadn’t really thought about it before.  Race and all those other things aren’t really on my radar.  The Serpent Witch has more important things to do with her time than care about what other people are doing, or how they’re relating to each other.
 
Take a lesson from this, because if you are spending time actively hating or acting against people who are different from you, you are an asshole.

The Serpent Witch knows that, while she is a goddess in her own right, and centered in her own power, she is not “GOD,” and therefore has no business judging other people.  Keep your green, warty noses in your own spells where they belong, and not in other people’s lives.
 
How will you ever find yourself if you are busy focusing on hating someone else?  There is a lot of freedom and power in not caring about how other people live their lives, and your spirituality does not need to include views on how other people live their lives.
 
 
-Jade





No comments:

Post a Comment