Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Serpent Needs A Blog

I thought what I needed was a website, and I tried to make it work, but it just wasn't what I was looking for.  This Witch needs something that's quick to update and not a lot of hassle.  It seems like I spend a lot of time on the internet, but I really don't.  I'm working in an area that has poor cell service and rare wifi.  I love to connect with people face-to-face, and not just on the world wide web, so I make a point to leave my house each day, at least once, to meet people. 


This post will lay the groundwork for the rest of the blog, so if you're new to my world, please read this, and tune in regularly.  Updates will be posted on my Facebook wall, my Facebook Page, "The Temple of the Jade Serpent," and my Twitter account. 


Speaking of which, I'd like to thank all my Twitter friends for putting up with my lack of updates.  Twitter is a dying medium for sure, and it really wasn't my thing.


So here's the foundation and things you need to know:


I'm a Witch.  In this instance, it means that I practice Witchcraft as an art, not a religion.


I'm a Mystical Omnitheist.  This is my religion.  I believe there is divinity in every living and non-living thing.  I believe that spirits can haunt and inhabit places and objects.  I believe in ghosts, and I focus many of my spells using their help.  I believe in other dimensions, and nearly every art of divination.


I don't eat pork.  It's not a religious issue, just a quirk.  I also don't drink milk.  I'm not a vegetarian, and I do eat lots of meat.  I believe that the animals who die to fill our plates are blessed, and giving us a blessed gift.  I have no qualms with vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians, and the like, except that I believe that they are missing out on a sacred gift by choosing not to eat meat. 


I don't believe in the Wiccan Rede, or the Law of 3.  I believe that threatening us with consequences for using our magick is a way to keep us from our power.  I don't know who was behind this conspiracy, but the reason modern magick is so dull and hindered is because of beliefs like this.  I believe that the Universe wants us to have everything we want, and especially everything we need.  I believe that "a Witch that can't kill can't cure."  That doesn't mean you have to "kill," but you should know how to defend yourself magickally, and in mundane ways.


So now that floor is open to questions.  I'd like to get this post out there, so spread it around.  What else would you like to know?  Do you need any magickal advice?  Are you interested in adopting the Ways of the Serpent? 


Find me:


emeraldspark@writeme.com
http://www.facebook.com/jade.nyx.10
https://www.facebook.com/jadeserpenttemple/




-Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment